So a new wedding season is on the horizon and I’m looking for a new partnership! I am going to be hiring a new assistant, possibly two, as there are lots of days to cover for the 2017 wedding season!
The job description is below. Please share this with anyone who may be interested! If the below looks interesting to you or if you have any questions, please contact me by email with a bit about you, why you think this position is right for you and if possible, a link a to your website/portfolio/blog.
I am looking for someone who:
* loves wedding photography, documentary photography and above all, people. You have to understand, empathise, care for them, and want to do the best for them.
* is warm, friendly, enthusiastic, and passionate
* is an experienced driver. I am in the process of learning to drive so you will need to drive me everywhere! We will need to use your car and I am looking for someone who has experience of driving on motorways a fair bit, and is happy to do so after a long day on their feet!
* ideally lives relatively near to Hertfordshire for logistical reasons, but this is not essential if something can be worked out. However, I would say that being located too far from this area may prove tricky.
* is experienced with professional camera equipment, preferably Nikon, and has a portfolio/blog they can share with me. It’s a bonus if you have assisted another wedding photographer, have shot weddings or have second shot weddings for other photographers before. It is not essential though!
* has an eye and passion for capturing moments, not just close up head shots of guests, but images which will tell a story.
* wants to learn and develop their skills.
* can commit to a minimum of 10 dates (and maybe a lot more, but I may need to split this with another assistant to ensure all dates are covered) starting in the spring (I am covered for jobs up until then), with most of these falling on weekends.
* is happy to carry bags, drive between venues on the day, help with group shots, assist with lighting equipment when necessary, keep me organised on the day, and help with second shooting at various points during the wedding.
What’s in it for you?
* experience assisting and shooting at many weddings.
* You will receive feedback from me, which I hope will help you to improve and develop your skills as a wedding photographer whilst we work together.
* hopefully a good friend and travel buddy :)
* this is a paid position.